Saturday 26 October 2013

Dee's Fragrance Collection

Everyone has their preferences for fragrances of any type but I thought it would be nice to show you my picks and when I wear each scent.
 
Tip:
For those with fair skin or acidic skin, try and find a fragrance that has citrus or other acidic fruits in the scent notes. I find that these kinds of scents wont clash with your body chemistry, which is when fragrances will smell great in the bottle or in the air but smell unpleasant in your skin. If you are uncertain whether you have more acidic skin check any white gold rings you wear often. If your skin is more acidic than normal, it will cause the band to slowly turn a slight yellow gold color fairly quickly. For example, my wedding ring and band will start changing color at the bottom of the band within 2 months. I am certain you could test this out with either a white gold necklace or bracelet as well. High acidity is often seen in fair skin tones but is not always the case, it really depends on the individual chemistry of your skin.    

 
 
This is Boss Femme by Hugo Boss and is my most worn scent. Bee actually introduced me to this fragrance and I was hooked ever since. Sadly they discontinued this fragrance but you can still find it on sites such as ebay and amazon. This scent to me is a balanced mix of sophistication and freshness and is my everyday scent and will last on your clothes all day. It doesn't last more than 5 hours on my skin but most fragrances don't.

Dot by Marc Jacobs is what I reach for in spring. Gorgeous packaging aside, it has a slightly floral scent mixed with berry and other fruit notes and is rounded off with a hint of vanilla and soft musk. It is a very well rounded fragrance with a little of everything that I cant seam to get enough of. It is versatile to be worn in any season but I find it is especially nice in late winter through spring.

This fragrance was featured in my fall haul and is currently my fall scent of this year. Killer Queen by Katy Perry is a scent that reminds me of fall. It has a warmth to the scent that is fresh because of the fruit notes but also has a kick of spice. For me, it is the perfect fall scent and has great lasting power.

Nina Ricci's L'Elixir is my favourite winter scent. It packs a lot of punch in such a beautiful bottle. One spray will definitely be enough but the scent is intoxicating. It mixes the sultriness of jasmine and musk with red fruit and lime. It is powerful but beautiful and is great for the colder months.

BCBG Max Azria perfume is a delicate and sweet fragrance that I often reach for if I want to wear something a little different. Funnily enough, my husband thinks I smell like skittles when I wear this. I think it is light and delicious smelling and would make for a great everyday fragrance, regardless of the time of year.
 
J-Lo Live is the first perfume I ever purchased and has been a staple in my collection ever since. This bottle has to be my 6th or 7th I've purchased so far so you can tell I love it. It is very fruity but has a warmth coming from vanilla and caramel. I don't think I would be able to live without this fragrance. It was my signature scent for many years.

The Clean brand of fragrances are amazing but the one that I purchase is Shower Clean (roller ball) and it smells just like the name describes. It is incredibly fresh smelling and I love it. I mostly wear it in the spring/summer but I also love it after a workout at the gym lol who doesn't want to smell fresh after that? The Simply Soap scent is one that I thought I would also love but doesn't smell nice on my skin. I actually love using it as a room spray, as a scent in my dresser drawers, and I sometimes use it in the linen closet. It has good versatility but I don't think it makes a great perfume.  

Fantasy by Brittany Spears. I think everyone bought this fragrance at one point when they were a teen. To me it smells of pure sugar in the form of cotton candy. While it doesn't smell bad, I find it is way to sweet for my tastes and so I don't reach for it often.
 
BeyoncĂ© Heat Rush is my date night fragrance. There is something inherently sexy and sensual about this fragrance to me. It smells fruity at first but then notes of musk and amber come out and produces an intoxicating scent.

Daisy Eau So Fresh Sunshine from Marc Jacobs is by far the best scent I have ever found for spring and summer. It is a vibrant scent that is both floral and fruity, making it incredible for the warmer months. I was actually gifted this by a co-worker for helping out on a promotion and I almost cried because I couldn't find this perfume when I wanted to purchase it, it was sold out everywhere.

While in The Body Shop one day, visiting a friend that works there, I tested this scent out and instantly fell in love. It is called Indian Night Jasmine and it is what I would describe as a cozy scent. I have the Eau de Toilette and fragrance mist but I think I will soon invest in the perfume oil. I find that both these products don't have great staying power but I just cant get enough of the scent right now. I think this scent is great for any time of the year. My favourite way to wear it is when I have an evening shower, I will spray either product over my damp skin and go to bed. It is an incredibly comforting scent and helps me relax before bed.

I have three DKNY scents. The first one I purchased was the Be Delicious (green) a few years ago and while I don't reach for it often, I still do like it. I tend to reach for it more often in the last summer to early fall months. It is incredibly fresh and reminds me of the scents of picking fresh apples from an orchard when I was a child. I also have Red Delicious which is a perfume I actually regret buying. After an hour or so the scent changes on my skin and does not smell nice. I am currently using it as a room spray. The last one I purchased was a small bottle of the Golden Delicious scent. I like this fragrance because it smells a little more sophisticated than the other two and I have been really enjoying the fragrance so far.
 
 
If I could only pick 3 fragrances for the rest of my life I have to say I would choose Jlo Live, Boss Femme and Clean Shower Fresh.
 
But that is my fragrance collection so far and while there are a few more I would like to add, I am extremely happy with my selection right now. Now these are only my personal preferences and it would be awesome if you could leave a comment down below with your favourite perfume.
 
Until next time




No comments:

Post a Comment