Thursday 22 August 2013

Out with the old, In with the new



I wanted to start a series on here focusing on finishing up a product and then replacing it with a new one. Every once in a while you find a product that you like... but not enough to repurchase. When this happens to me I really like to do my research and find the perfect product to bring into my routine. 

About 4 months ago I start having that "tight" feeling in my face that is common with people who use products for acne prone skin. Acne products have many different acids such as salicylic acid in them which can be very drying to your skin (which can cause more acne!). So I decided to get a new moisturizer. I wanted to try a gel formulation so it didn't add any extra oil to my face. So this day I decided to try the Vichy Aqualia Thermal aqua gel. I believe this retails for around 34$.
Vichy Aqualia Thermal aqua gel
I used this product for around 3-4 months, rotating it with one of my other moisturizers from lush. On the days I used this product my skin felt hydrated.... for about 20 minutes. It did not sit well under my makeup at all and my skin was very sticky afterwords. For the most part I used this product before bed when my skin was clean and fresh. But it always stuck to my pillow which drove me crazy... SO!


Just recently I went to my local Sephora and after about 40 minutes of discussing healthy skin and trying countless moisturizers, I finally decided to splurge on this "holy grail" product. I have heard nothing but amazing things about this moisturizer but I was very skeptical because of its price tag (68$). Recently I've been having not just tight skin, but I'm breaking out more and actually getting dry patches, which I've never had before. So I just went with my gut (AKA my shopping addiction) and went for it.

Introducing my new baby <3
 Kate Somerville Goat milk cream
Can I just be totally unprofessional for a second and say holy crap this stuff is freaking amazing? Not only is the packaging adorable, the application is so unique! The top of the jar is actually a pump! so you don't have to put your fingers in the cream! no bacteria spreading for this cream. The first time I used it my skin felt like silk. My makeup went on flawlessly and I was hydrated all day. I use it morning and night and I swear this stuff just makes me glow (and not in a bad you are super oily kind of way). I'm so happy with this product. it truly is worth the hype.. well.. as long as you don't mind the smell of goat milk ;)




1 comment:

  1. Hmm, very interesting...goat's milk! Who would've thought?

    ReplyDelete