Thursday 5 September 2013

Back To School Fashion Must Haves

Back to school is always an exciting time of year, especially because its fall which just happens to be my favorite season of fashion. This is the first year in 4 years that i'm not going back to school (Graduation is bitter sweet i guess), but since ive had my share of back to school fashion experience, i will glady share my favorite fashion items for the fall and school with you guys!!

Whether your going to university, or back to high school, back to school fashion is always exciting but at the same time can be absolutely terrifying. You wanna look good, but don't wanna look like you tried too hard. That balance can sometimes be hard to achieve. For me, when it came to school fashion, i tended to mix comfy and chic. To me that was the perfect balancing of looking good but not too much ;)

Here are a few items that for my school fashion were a total must have! Combing these pieces will give you a chic effortless look for any day of school.

Yoga Pants!! There are a lot of days during school that comfort rules all!! These are the days that i reach for my yoga pants. Having a good pair of yoga pants to me is so important for those long nights at school studying your butt off. Pairing them with a cute T-shirt and a pop of color in a scarf is super cute, and super comfy!  Try Lulu Lemon, Victoria s Secret, or One Tooth (same maker of LuLu just way cheaper!!).

Skinny jeans/Jeggings. I know I know! Not a lot of people like jeggings! But the right pair of jeggings are totally worth it. Having a pair of jeans that you can easily tuck into boots are so handy for school.

Leggings. Same thing as the skinny jeans, but just a super comfy pant that are black and goes with everything! I live in these bad boys pretty much 10/12 months of the year. In fact, Dee says its a rare occasion to see me in actual pants.

Plain T shirts. I'm all about solid color t shirts. Its super easy and you can add a pop of color from any scarf you have.

Button Up Shirts: Super flowy, super cute. Easy to pair with leggings and boots.

Oversized sweaters. This is such a huge trend the last few seasons. They are so soft, look good on everyone, and pair so easily with jeans and boots!

Trench Coat or Rain Coat. It can rain when walking to school, and sitting in class compltely soaked is not something i enjoy. Having a long coat that hangs lower will keep you warmer and protect your tush if you have to sit down on a wet bench while waiting for a bus! I have a long water resistance coat from Lulu that I got in my first year that I wore it on every rain day and I was always dry when I got to class!

Leather Jacket! Everyone needs a good leather jacket, and they never go out of style! I've had mine from Le Cheateau for 3 years and its still my go to fall jacket!

No surprise here. Boots!!! I love tall brown boots for fall and for school. They honestly make the laziest outfit instantly cute. I lived in the same pair of boots for pretty much my entire degree. Paired with leggings and a sweater or plain t shirt and scarf, boots make any comfy outfit super stylish!

An every day shoe is essential. Have a simple pair of flat shoes that go with every outfit. My go to shoe was a pair of white pumas. Super comfy, very stylish, and went with everything.


School fashion is all about simplicity, but when it comes to accessorizing, this is where you get to be creative and have fun! Wearing simple clothes such as plain t-shirts and jeans allows you to add pops of color and statement pieces to add a little something extra to your outfit. My obsession for the last...5-6 years has been scarfs. Super fluffy, thick, wool scarfs are perfect for fall and all the way into winter. If scarfs aren't your thing, go for statement necklaces that have a large bright pendent. Adds color and feminism to your outfit!
Save your money; Its all about finding the deals! Almost every store sells plain solid t shirts. Ive seen beautiful 5$ t shirts at target in almost every color you can think of. Leggings from One Tooth are only 40$ and they are better quality (In my opinion) than Lulu Lemon and Victoria's secret. Skinny jeans and jeggings can be as cheap as 20$ if you hit the right sales! I got new jeans from American Eagle for 40% off (so i bought 2..)! Accessories are so fun to shop for! Adrene's sells scarfs for 2 for 20$, and you can't beat forever 21's jewelry section! Sweaters are easy to find if you know where to look. There are a lot of stores right now selling baggy over sized sweaters. Ardenes is amazing for deals! They sell chiffon blouses and sweaters usually 2 for 30$!

Here are some outfits i put together using my own wardrobe as inspiration! I hope you enjoyed this post and happy learning!!!

 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment