Tuesday 10 September 2013

Back To School Makeup Must Haves


Makeup bag
 
When going to school, your sleep and time are too precious to waste on having to run around looking for your makeup needs in the morning. So to keep your morning routine quick and efficient, use a makeup bag to store all of your makeup items so you only need to grab one thing and your ready to put that face on.
Also, to make your brushes more accessible, keep them in a glass container such as an empty bath and body works 3-wick candle or store them in a brush roll such as the one available at MAC. This will allow you to see all of your brushes and find the one you need quickly.
 
 
 
Face
 
I don't know if your teachers ever said this but KISS keep-it-simple-stupid lol. The least amount of steps possible, the better. To do this, you can use a BB cream or a tinted moisturizer. These products can be easily applied with the fingers which can save time. Or you can use a powder foundation which gives coverage and keeps you matte all in one. Bee loves the Physicians Formula BB powder as a setting powder but it can also be used as a foundation on its own. One powder that I used to use a lot and I think I need to repurchase is the MAC Studio Fix powder. We both love the Stila 10-In-One BB cream because it looks good on most skin types and is fuss free.
Now, as your semester continues and midterms and tests start coming, you need a good concealer to camouflaged those dark circles from lack of sleep. To save time, use a highlighting concealer. A great one is the Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch concealer. This product can be used under the eyes, on top of the cheek bones and down the bridge of the nose to not only conceal the dark circles but to also highlight the face, eliminating the need for a powder highlighter on those rushed mornings. Using a highlighting concealer under the eyes also gives the illusion that you are awake and refreshed.
Now if you have extra time and want to use bronzer/blush/powder highlighter then opt for a small palette that has all three. One I have been loving recently is the Urban Decay Naked Flushed palette. it is thin and small so it fits in your bag easily. And bonus: the blush is a berry color which is perfect for the colder months.

 
Eyes
 
During school, I'm all about the cream shadows because you only need your fingers to apply and blend which can be a huge time saver. I am currently loving Maybelline's Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze and Chanel's Illusion D'Ombre in the shade Emerville.
I typically suck as putting eyeliner on my lid if I'm rushed so I tend to use either a black or dark brown waterproof eyeliner to tightline my eyes. This way I give my eyes some definition and have my lashes appear fuller and its super quick.
Next is a coat of mascara. I love using samples of mascara in the morning or at school because they don't take up as much room in my makeup bag. Right now I am using Tarte's Lights Camera Lashes mascara.
 
 
Lips
 
I usually lean towards using a tinted lip balm because we cant always get to a mirror to touch up the lips. Lately I have been using the Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle.
 
 
Tools/Miscellaneous
 
Eyelash curler goes without saying, even though I just said it :P.
If your taking your bag to school, bring a small or travel sized face brush. Here I have the mini size of the MAC stippling brush that I picked up in a travel brush kit around Christmas 2 years ago but any similar brush will do. It can do triple duty as an all over powder brush, a blush brush and a bronzer brush.
Another good thing to have is a perfume atomizer with your signature fall scent in it. This way you can freshen up throughout the day when your perfume wears off and if you have gym or workout at school, you wont feel so icky. You can find these at Sephora or your local Shoppers Drug Mart for around $12.  
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment